Here at Yvette Mann Podiatry, we take your data seriously. We want to reassure you that it is safe and the information below sets out why we collect it and what we do with it.
Why we collect your personal data and what we do with it
When you supply your personal details to this clinic it is stored and processed for the 4 reasons stated below (the bits in bold are the relevant terms used in the Data protection Act 2018, which includes the General Data Protection Regulations):
- We need the correct personal information about your health in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and our agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that we would not be able to provide treatment.
- We have a Legitimate Interest in collecting that information, because without it we couldn't do our job effectively and safely.
- We also think that it is important that we can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with us or to update you on matters related to your medical care. This again constitutes Legitimate Interest, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
- Provided we have your consent, we may occasionally send you general health information in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time - just let us know by any convenient method.
We have a legal obligation to retain your records for 8 years after your most recent appointment (for children it is until age 25). Records for biomechanical patients will be retained for 10 years after your most recent appointment in case of return visits during this time. You can ask us to delete your records if you wish.
Your records are kept in the following ways:
- on paper, in locked filing cabinets, and the offices are always locked and alarmed out of working hours.
- Electronically, using Luck’s Yard Clinic’s specialist medical records service (Clinic Office). This provider has given us their assurances that they are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations. Access to this data is password protected, and the passwords are changed regularly.
- Electronically, using Yvette Mann Podiatry’s specialist medical records service called Private Practice Software (PPS). This provider has given us their assurances that they are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations. Access to this data is password protected, and the passwords are changed regularly.
We will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people will have routine access to your data:
The Private Practice Software that stores and processes our database.
Your practitioner in order that they can provide you with treatment.
- The reception staff at Luck’s Yard Clinic because they organize our practitioners' diaries and coordinate appointments and reminders (but they do not have access to your medical history or sensitive personal information). They also send out clinic newsletters using online software Mailchimp.
- Occasionally carefully chosen associates will work for Yvette’s practice to perform treatments which will give them access to your personal data including your medical notes. We will ensure that they are fully aware that they must treat that information as confidential and we will ensure that they sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Administrative staff (Claire Turl) for the purposes of updating the PPS system with your data.
My Accountant (Mike Trumble) for the purposes of reconciling my accounts. My Accountant will not have access to your medical notes, just your essential contact details.
You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold for you and you can also ask us to correct any factual errors. Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you can also ask us to erase your records. We want you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly, and that we are doing everything we can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
For the purposes of GDPR, I, Yvette Mann, am the Data Controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns about your personal data, you may contact me at clinic (01483 527945) or you may mail me at:
Luck’s Yard Clinic, Portsmouth Road, Milford, Godalming, Surrey GU8 5HZ
If you are not satisfied with our response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner's Office (www.ico.org.uk).
You are welcome to request a copy of our privacy notice either from Yvette Mann or the receptionists at Luck’s Yard Clinic.